Sunday 9 January 2011

Pompodour

Another gift my lovely OH gave to me at Christmas was this rivet kit.



 I love making bags as you all know but want to start doing something different with the handles etc so he got me this so that I can start using different fixings to attach them.  Had a wee go with it by making this Pompodour (I think thats the proper name for it - I would call it a toilet bag!!) and adding eyelets to it to feed the cord through.  It was sooooo easy.  A whole lot easier than those little gadgets you get when you buy packs of eyelets (the ones that take a hammer and lots of strength to get them closed.)  Cant wait to have a go at rivets and different style fixings.



11 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I really love using new tools, especially 'proper' tools - I would be rivetting anything that stayed still long enough if I had that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great, where did he get it? Does it have different size eyelets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handy tool to have, love your little bag x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fab, a lovely little bag, the material is sweet too. It's worth getting the right tools for the job it will last you years.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great bag and I love the fantastic kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Claire - what a wonderful OH you have! That's a cool kit - haven't seen one of those. I'm still using the hammer and grommet tool. I do have grommet pliers but mine require superhuman strength to squeeze them, so the hammer works well for me. Plus if I'm angry, I can pound out my frustrations! That little "toiletry bag" (what I'd call it, too!) is sooo cute! Is that your own design or did you use a pattern?

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift. I've got a Big Bite which would probably do the same job, hadn't thought about that so thanks! Your toiletry bag is gorgeous, love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a fab gift, I want one!! Gorgeous bag too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Claire - that bag is lovely - the fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you! It's a great and useful gift! You have made a very pretty bag with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love these fabrics! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete