Friday 1 April 2011

Patchwork Cushion No. 2 - Crazy 9 Patch


This is cushion number 2 from my Pure by Sweetwater layer cake.  I wanted to do something a bit more difficult than the last one and kind of push myself a bit so I decided to do a crazy 9 patch.  I put a border round it this time but used the same backing colour as the first one so they look pretty good together.    Im really pleased with how it turned out - even if I do say so myself!   We have quite a big sofa so I plan on making one more from this range of fabrics but using a different design again (I hate to admit it but I think Im developing a bit of  a cushion cover obsession.)  



Once Ive finished with my latest  obsession I plan on starting my first quilt.   Hopefully by then, Sherbet Pips fabric will be available in the UK.  I had an e-mail from Aneela the other day and its due here in May.  I cant wait to get my paws on it.  Its definately my current favourite.  The girl on the swing fabric is soo cute!
 Isnt it lovely?!


14 comments:

  1. Looks fab, love your cushions! About the Pips, it'd probably be cheaper to order it from the US, especially if it's several yards. And you'll get it quicker as it's already out over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, your pillow is wonderful! I love your fabric choice, and your piecing is fantastic. Working on those pillows is good practice for when you get ready to piece your first quilt...you are doing a great job! Can't wait to see it when you get started!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is also fabulous! Can't wait to see you quilt. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cushion, I've never seen one like this (crazy 9)it's very clever. The sherbert pips fabric looks lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Its amazing how addictive patchwork is! You have to start practising quilting next before you embark on your big project!

    I am also in love with the sherbet pips fabric - I wouldnt be surprised if all the UK stockists sell out as soon as it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! Can't wait to see what else you create patwork style :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Now I can't decide which one I like better. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohh beautiful. I am really tempted to do quilting but not sure I'd have the stamina to finish it. Hope you make one ~ I'll be checking in to see :)
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cushion :) you have done it so beautifully.
    I love the sherbet pips fabric too and was toying with buying some :)
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, love it! ... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic cushion. I love the colours. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Claire - this is fab. I love the style of this cushion and I like it even more than your first one which was also fab!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This pillow is AWESOME! You are so talented! Thanks for stopping by Justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. doctor to see for fatty liver doctor to see for fatty liver doctor to see for fatty liver

    Also visit my web blog - what to eat to treat fatty liver

    ReplyDelete